The Dartmouth Observer
Wednesday, December 31, 2003
A very Happy New Year to everyone!
Meantime, here are ten predictions for 2004, in no particular order:
1) The Return of the King wins Best Picture.
2) Sean Astin wins Best Supporting Actor.
3) Dartmouth surprises me in a positive way with their choice of Commencement speaker.
4) Saddam talks and talks - and spills the beans on WMDs, Iraq's ties with terrorists, etc., to the embarassment of many.
5) Saddam is tried by the Iraqi people and summarily executed.
6) Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are not delayed.
7) The coming winter isn't as cold as the last one. (Please, let this be so!)
8) Spain surprise everyone by winning Euro 2004, defeating France in the final in Lisbon.
9) Bush wins re-election against Dean, but narrowly.
10) Democracy in Iraq begins to take shape, slowly but surely.