The Dartmouth Observer

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares

Wednesday, June 09, 2004
 
P. J. O'Rourke on conservative talk radio

A must-read piece in the Atlantic by the typically hilarious P. J. on Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken, and the rest of that sorry bunch of loudmouths.

I tried watching The O'Reilly Factor. I tried watching Hannity shout about Colmes. I tried listening to conservative talk radio. But my frustration at concurrence would build, mounting from exasperation with like-mindedness to a fury of accord, and I'd hit the OFF button.

I resorted to books. You can slam a book shut in irritation and then go back to the irritant without having to plumb the mysteries of TiVo.
Andrew Sullivan, commenting on the same article, says that O'Reilly reminds him of "a drunk Irish uncle at Christmas, who can't shut up and cannot be argued with."