The Dartmouth Observer

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares

Monday, January 20, 2003
 
Time for another op-ed

I woke up this morning to find that The D's feature article was "Students protest against 'racist war'." Could anyone explain how on earth the forthcoming war on Iraq could be construed as racist? Then I started reading various reports on the anti-war protests from various news sources. I saw the placards depicting Cheney as Hitler and Bush as Hitler (or "BUSHITLER"), the slogans that said, "1, 2, 3, 4…we don't want your racist war" and "What Bombs would Jesus use?" - and then I decided I had seen enough. Now, I am not strongly for or against the war against Iraq. I am, however, strongly against people who flaunt their stupidity and ignorance, such as the said protesters. If intelligent liberals wish to maintain the credibility of the anti-war cause, then they must speak up in response to these lunatics.